Hidden Bars & History Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
In the 19th century, Melbourne was riddled with secret bars. Many restaurants would secretly serve alcohol without a liquor license; this was called ‘sly grogging.’
A knock on the right door, a rattle of coins and a tablecloth would be removed to reveal a stash of alcohol.
Join our Hidden Bars & History Tour and step back in time, to when the locals drank in secret.
- You'll drink at 3 of the best hidden bars in Melbourne.
- You'll explore culture-filled alleyways.
- And along the way, hear stories handpicked from Melbourne's past; featuring convicts, buccaneers and tomfoolery.